Monday 2 March 2015

Motivational Quote #6


The way I see it, if you want the rainbow you gotta put up with the rain. - Dolly Parton    Free Printable

(picture from pinterest)


Hello everyone!!

Last year I started doing motivational posts where I would put up a quote that would hopefully brighten up someone’s day. Lately I have been looking up quotes to get me motivated for the day due to feeling a little down in the mornings. The quote I thought I would share with you today is one that is currently up on my chalkboard in my room and by one of my favourite people.

“If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain”

Its true that if you want something truly wonderful in life you got to put up with a few obstacles here and there before you get to where you truly want to be. As an acting student this quote is rather appropriate for me due to having to take on roles that may not be to your liking or getting rejection but in the end you will land a role that is your dream role. In high school drama, I found I got cast as an older and much more mature character due to most of those in my class looking and acting a lot younger than myself. Do not get me wrong I loved playing older characters but sometimes I wanted change, I wanted to show that I could play a wide variety of characters. Now at college I finally have the chance to display what I really can do and it makes me so happy knowing I’m getting to play characters that are amazing. For my final production my class is tackling “4:48 Psychosis” a play by Sarah Kane, it is a wonderfully written piece with no set directions or characters. The scenes my lecturer/director has given me are fantastic and are really going to showcase my acting skills, this performance is almost like another audition as this is may help me get into next year of my course. I hope this quote gives you a little boost in life.

Hope you enjoyed reading & have a lovely day!!


K<3

No comments:

Post a Comment